Updates and other shananigans

It has been FAR too long since I have done this.
Let's see, what has happened since my last post...

Well for starters (and most importantly) I was baptized :)
It was so incredible to get up and share my testimony of what Christ has done in my life!
It was also amazing to simply write my testimony and reflect on my own about where I was in my past and all the sin I was living in and how much Jesus saved me from.
I am so blessed.


I was able to see my darling Sam Thrall SO much! There was a 6 week period where we saw each other almost every two weeks, and we didn't even have to pay for it (not by any huge amount anyways).
He was home for Thanksgiving and for my baptism, and then I drove out to MTL with my best friend, Kelly and stayed with Emily and Brad Morrice (and their beautiful, new baby girl Lily)
This time in Montreal was so wonderful and so fruitful. It was a great weekend for Sam and I to spend together and yet in community with other people. I feel so blessed to have friends like Em and Brad who, not only open their home to me, but also encourage us in our faith and in our relationship. I always feel like I learn so much from them! (especially now that they're new parents... very helpful to get advice and tips YEARS in advance)

Thanksgiving turkey-ness


ROADTRIP: Meet my best friend Kelly (16 years of loving eachother)


I know, melt your heart, right?

Sam and I also went to this new church called Initiative 22, where we: met some really wonderful new people and learned more about different ways to do church and what that looks like on a day to day basis. It's amazing how you can walk into a room full of strangers and leave there feeling like you've just made friends you'll keep forever.



God has really broken my heart for Montreal, there is SO much that needs to be done there and I am so in love with that city. I hope to end up there one day. Initiative 22 is totally lined up with those things that God has placed on my heart. "...to see Montreal be initiated by Christ’s irresistible grace, and respond to Him, giving themselves to knowing nothing but Christ and Him crucified, and going as missionaries all throughout the city, sharing what He has done for them in His mercy." - Dwight Bernier (Leader of Montreal Initiative 22)

I cant wait to go back.


Some other new and exciting news: I have been cast as a lead in a musical!
I will be playing "Kim" in the Clearwater Player's production of "Bye Bye Birdie"!
I am SO excited about this! It will be my very first musical and I have loved every minute of it so far!
(we're performing it in March for those of you who are interested in attending!)

It has been almost six weeks since I saw my boyfriend last.
For those of you who haven't been in a long-distance relationship, you should know that it is one of the hardest things you will ever do. To have the person you love and cherish the most of any earthly being live in a different province feels like your heart is being stretched across, oh I don't know...548 or so kilometers of dry, cold highway.
... I wouldn't recommend it.
This has been a season of total and utter reliance on Christ. "For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10
As much as it is by far the hardest thing I have ever done, it is also one of the most fruitful things in my life. I have learned so much about faith and love and trust through these past four years.
Especially this year. When you encourage one another in Christ and it allows your relationship to grow in ways you never imagined... And I wouldn't change anything for that. Our time apart has been so hard, but such a blessing as well. You learn to talk through things and how to verbalize emotions that you never thought words could describe.




I saw Brooke Fraser. She was amazing. 'Nuff said.

Now I'm going into exams, and although this is an INSANELY stressful couple of weeks, I am feeling really blessed to even be attending school. The fact that I have beyond a high school education is a greater blessing than I could ask for, not to mention I pay to take exams.

So that's what's been going on in my world...now I'm off to study.



Sam comes home in t minus 9 days.
I can't even wait.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on Bye Bye Birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How am I JUST now finding your blog, shameful. :)
    I think you are pretty much amazing.
    The end.
    xoxo
    - jess

    ReplyDelete