Graduated!

It has been too long since I posted on here...

Well, I am proud to say that I have finished my undergraduate degree at the University of Toronto with a Bachelor or Music in Voice Performance! It is so nice to be done. I had two recitals so that everyone would be able to make it. I learned a lot, grew up a lot and gained a real appreciation for music in my four years there.

The pro's of being done school:
I have a life again. Between having an almost double course load and working full time I had no down time and no time to spend with friends. It is so nice to spend quality time with those I love again without having deadlines and recitals looming and distracting my brain.
I have time to think about what I want to do. Because of how busy I was I had no time to really think about what my next steps will be in terms of my music. I love music but what do I want to pursue? What are my potential career paths in Montreal? Opera? Musical Theatre? Jazz? Folk? ... To be honest, I may never settle on just one choice - I would love to try them all!
I have time to breathe.  So much has happened since school finished. So many good things. So many hard and heart breaking things.

Cons:
No structure. I really do thrive on the structure and it has been trying for me to not waste days by lounging around and relaxing. Mind you, some days that is exactly what I need, but I don't want to waste this time by not maintaining good habits I have built up over the last four years. I want to get in the Word daily, I want to learn French, I want to work out and stay in good shape, I have a wedding to plan! There is no time for laziness... relaxation, yes. But setting a structure for yourself when all you want to do is sleep is hard to do!

It is a glorious thing to be done school. I can't wait for that very expensive piece of paper I will get on June 19 when I walk the stage at U of T's Convocation Hall - 11 days before I say the big I do to my amazing fiancé!

I have a million other things to write but those will come soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment