Campward Bound.

Wow, it has been SO long since I last wrote on here.

I thought I would fill you all in on what I have been learning and experiencing over the last three months.

This past year I had the opportunity to join up with The Clearwater Players and put on the musical Bye Bye Birdie as a means of fundraising for camper and staff bursaries for Ontario Pioneer Camp {OPC}.
I grew up at OPC - Spent 13 summers there, growing and learning about God, friendship and life. Although I wasn't saved at the time, camp was a place that I learned SO much about Jesus and learned to understand what a Christian life looked like.
I was asked to jump aboard the leadership team at OPC this summer by the wonderful Kate Stevenson (Director of AC AND Bye Bye Birdie). It took me a solid five-six months to give her a for sure answer on whether I would in fact be able to come up to camp. There were so many things tying me to home... For starters, my sweet Sammy T got into MED SCHOOL (I know right?! Praise the Lord oh my soul) which is wonderful and amazing and answered prayer - that said, it also means we have at least one more year of long distance, therefore making the decision to leave him during the only four months we have together before he goes back to camp a heartbreaking one.
So I did what any perplexed Christian would do... I put a post it note that read "Camp?" next to my prayer desk and would pray about it and ponder what to do over my morning time in the Word. I almost immediately received confirmation that yes, I should in fact be going to camp. But I let it mull over in my heart, talking to Sam and family and friends and seeing if I would have their support in following what I was hearing from the Lord. Everyone gave me the same answer: Yes.
Thank you Lord for confirmation.

So, I gave Kate the thumbs up, accepted my position as Director of Creation Station and will now be spending the next 9 weeks at camp serving the Lord and telling the kids about Jesus!

Some major prayer requests:
- To find rest in Jesus... I am feeling incredibly burnt out even before going up to camp. Going from the musical, to exams, to my recital, to summer school, to exams, to camp - with nothing more than a week of break (and insane packing and prep) in between has left me feeling quite worn out. I have been and will continue to cling to 2 Corinthians 12:8-9 "But He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
- That I won't be too homesick.
- That God will work in the hearts of the kids and in my heart as I serve and minister to them.
- That lives will be changed to the glory of God.
- That I will be abl to raise the financial support required for my next year of schooling.

{ For those who are interested in supporting me financially you can do so online here: https://www.ivcf.ca/ivcf/myweb.php?hls=2011 }

I cannot wait to go to camp and share the love of Jesus that has been so graciously given to me. To make wind chimes and sock monkeys and play worship and support staff and do Bible studies and be in the beautiful creation that God has given us.

For those of you who would like to snail mail me: OPC (Adventure Camp) 942 Clearwater Lake Road, RR #2 Port Sydney, Ontario, P0B 1L0

See you all in September!

Morgan aka Princess Scope.

Below is my support letter / brochure that I made to provide friends and family with a better understanding of what I am doing this summer and why :)


1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about the LDistance, you will live with us Morrices on weekends :-) so proud of you and love you lots!
    Ps- Kate used to work at MYW, I remember her when I was a little camper, praying Jesus into my heart. Lord, you're good.

    ReplyDelete